Monday, October 19, 2009

Delicious Recipe

I thought I would start the week off by sharing one of my (newer) favorite recipes! Granted, I don't cook very often because I have a wonderful husband that would rather cook instead :), but I got to take over the kitchen and make this over last weekend.

Although the original recipe is from Real Simple (see link here), I like to tweak it a bit and make it more of my own...

Caroline's Favorite Orange Chicken and Potatoes Slow Cooker Recipe
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
-2 chicken breasts
-salt and pepper
-6 red potatoes
-1 orange, cut into slices
-1 can Campbell's chicken broth
-1 tablespoon honey
-dashes of thyme, basil, and oregano

Directions:
-cut the chicken into small squares and season with salt and pepper
-combine broth, potatoes, chicken, honey, and seasoning in the slow cooker
-place orange slices along the top layer of the food
-set the slow cooker to high and cook covered for 2.5-3 hours
-enjoy :)

No comments: