Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eric's Surprises!

So, since Eric's on the road now and won't be looking at this until after he sees the apartment, I'd thought I'd update on the little surprises I've been working on him the past week!

He's said multiple times, "I claim the back bedroom!!" for his schoolwork. I've taken over a little bit of it with art ;), but I wanted to add a little something in there that would make it more "manly"...
So, knowing that he loves the hogs, I painted a razorback canvas!



Perfect for above the futon!



And then I went ahead and got his desk...he still thinks we need to go get it today at Target :)



Hopefully I left enough wall space for him to put up everything he's bringing today!

I then wanted a little something else for the bathroom walls. Knowing that Eric knows some French and likes things about France, I got a cool aerial photo poster of Paris and framed it... (unfortunately I accidentally broke the glass, but so far it's worked out okay!)



And, the best for last! We've talked about getting a painting of Memphis for our living room, and I wanted a cool painting of Fayetteville, too, but I wasn't having much luck finding any and I knew if I did it would be reallllly expensive. So, I went about the idea an alternative way. My sister helped me out last weekend by going around Fayetteville and taking pictures of some of Eric and I's favorite town and campus spots. I went through my computer and got all the photos I've taken while in Memphis over the years. Thankfully, Joann Fabrics was having a 1/2 off sale on frames, so I basically bought them out! I thought this is a cool way to have "little pieces of home" away from home! :)
Here's the finished product!





I tried to make the layout more "modern" since Eric isn't a very traditional kind of guy. The frame in the bottom right corner stands out a bit with the matting, so I made it a little more meaningful by putting the UA Greek Theater photo in there since that's where we first met!

In other news, the first week of work went well! A little slow, but I've gotten the hang of most things. Everyone is really nice and great to work with, so I'm really happy about that! I'm slowly working on decorating my office, too!





That's all for now! :)

1 comment:

Lonnie said...

I absolutely LOVE the idea of the pictures of Memphis and Fayetteville together! That is fabulous, and so are you! =)

See you soon!