Monday, November 16, 2009

Groceries, Christmas Trees, and Thanksgiving!

It's become our Friday night ritual to go grocery shopping now apparently. I guess that's what happens when you get married. :)

So, Friday we went down the street to our new neighborhood HyVee that just opened last week. I had to take this photo just for my sister - this summer when my family was helping us move, we were driving around town and saw another HyVee store. Since this isn't an Arkansas grocery store, it was new to us and my sister yelled out "it looks like that sign says "WeeWee!". Granted, it's a little bit of a stretch, but from a distance it did kind of look like "weewee". Needless to say, the whole car busted out laughing and my mom probably laughed for 20 minutes straight (I'm cracking up just thinking about it now).

Kim, this is for you:



Unfortunately, our HyVee experience was slightly disappointing due to the fact that we're a newlywed couple on a tight budget. The store was very nice, but after pointing out several items that costed dollars more than it does at Wal-Mart, I don't think this will be our usual Friday night date location. It was a fun experience though!

Our next "adventure" for the weekend was scouting out Christmas decorations. After paroosing around Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, and Michael's, we made a few purchases. The first being our first Christmas tree! Wal-Mart had some really great deals (we got 48 ornaments for $10 and wrapping paper there is as low as $1!) so we snatched up our new tree.



We had some difficulty finding the "perfect" angel tree topper, but Michael's had the one we just fell in love with!



Here's the tree in progress. We'll be making some outings this week to get lights, garland, and more ornaments, so I'll keep you updated!



And, the countdown has begun for our "thanksgiving break!" - 5 days and counting. Since Eric is out of school all next week, I was able to ask off with some unpaid vacay days so we can travel to Fayetteville and Memphis! We can't wait!

No comments: