Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Update

Back in Fayetteville, Kim had prom this weekend. Doesn't she just look gorgeous?!...



On Sunday, Eric and I were able to squeeze in a quick trip to the park between meetings, projects, etc. Eric took off on his bike this time (unfortunately, mine won't fit on the car bike rack), and I got in 2.3 miles of walking.


{If anyone knows how this bike below might work on a bike rack, let us know! Eric says it needs a crossbar to attach it. The cuteness of it is more important than the functionality, of course. Hence why I bought it. ;) }


Since I got that exam out of the way, I'm looking for a new "project" to work on. I think I'm going to take on running again if I can find and maintain the energy! Perhaps I should sign up for a 5K to hold myself to it. I never had a problem with the "Freshman 15", but the "Newlywed 9" has gotten to me, for sure! My friend Emily and I just blame it on the fact that we're now working women and sit at a desk most of the day (Although I can't really blame it on that because it's my fault that I don't always workout at night). ;) At least in college we probably walked 3+ miles on campus each day! I'm considering buying these fun shoes to help motivate me... I think it's about time I retire the pairs of New Balances that I've had for over 6 years!


I've been doing The Shred video, I just had to put it on hold some last week because of studying. My goal is to move onto level 2 within the next week. Eric is probably going to get a kick out of hearing me scream at the TV since I'm a little out of shape, LOL. I've been going to yoga class on Fridays since January, and this past week was the first time I felt sore afterwards. My teacher was having us sit with one leg stretched out and then the other bent and then she was having us lift the bent leg as if we were going to put it behind our head. Yeah, I definitely had sore knees that night! I'll have to take a picture sometime to illustrate that pose.

Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kalyn Cavalier said...

I absolutely love your bike!! (partly because I have a purple one just like it!!)

Do you have a basket on the front? I totally bought a wicker one.. it intensifies the cuteness. ;)