Monday, June 25, 2012

Garden Updates

Per Grandpa Art's request, I thought I'd get some updated photos of our plant life up on the blog. ;) Things overall are going pretty well with the garden. Unfortunately, I just don't think my beans are going to make it (something keeps eating at the leaves, and they just don't look great), carrots aren't doing much, and today I noticed some of my potted tomato plants have leaves that are turning white (I have no clue what that means!), but, other than those everything else is growing right along.

I added some pink flowers to the porch over the weekend:


And replaced the peas & lettuce that just weren't growing with flowers:


Herbs are doing well. Will have to get another cilantro plant though:




I lined up all my tomato containers on the side of the house. Some of them are getting too tall for me to handle:



The celery is almost ready to harvest:




And potatoes are getting close, too:


The tomato plants haven't produced much fruit yet, but they'll get there:



And Eric's making progress on the rain barrel. We have a hole in the back to plug and we have to secure mesh on the top:


And since we have no mesh right now, and because there was still wine residue, we have some interesting particles floating in the rain water:


My first canning class of the summer is this Wednesday night (it's on freezing and drying fruits and veggies)! Looking forward to learning about that and seeing what all the garden does the rest of the summer.

No comments: