Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We did it!

Somehow, we finished 13.1 miles on the 26th! And boy was it BRUTAL! We definitely did not train enough for the hills or the heat. The high temperature was 95* (it probably got up into the upper 80's by the time we finished, but the heat index was of course much higher), and we had some pretty big hills to climb along the route. For those of you familiar with Columbia, here was the map:


Before the race:


Sunday with our medals:


Momma crossing the finish line:


Kim & I after the race:


And, I won't post my finish line photo because I literally looked like I was about to keel over, but Kim looked like a stinkin' machine crossing the finish line (in 2 hrs 11 mins, too!)


She's all ready to do more, but I think I'll take a little break before my next one!

No comments: