Is it Monday already?!
I was thankful to have another 3-day long weekend, even if it meant going to the doctor Friday. My endoscopy went well - quick and easy for the most part! They only found one little minor thing, but it's nothing to be concerned about and they don't think that's the cause of my problems. They're running biopsy tests though and I go back for a follow-up in two weeks. The clinic was great {For those of you that follow my design blog, I'll have a critique on that later this week :) }, everyone was super friendly (my nurse was hilarious), and I was out of there in 2 hours. I've got some nasty little bruises on my arm from the outlining of the IV tape - you can still see the two little rectangles! Eric had to snap this photo on his phone before I went back:
Thankfully, the drugs didn't make me too crazy! Eric said I just kept asking him what time it was. I slept most of the afternoon, but by around 3:30 I was back to normal! I even jumped on the treadmill and walked 2 miles and then picked up my car. 2 weeks later it's finally home! It's all nice and washed - so much better than when we dropped it off with snow/dirt ALL over it.
Saturday, while Eric slept for 12 hours {lazy boy! :) }, I went down to Jeff City to volunteer in "Canstruction" with one of the local architecture firms. My old firm used to do this, but I never had the chance to participate since it was always in Little Rock, so it was a lot of fun to help out on Saturday! The 2,000 cans of food here were assembled to resemble a firefighter's hat. It's such a fun and wonderful fundraiser for the local food bank.
Other than that, we didn't do anything too exciting. Eric's been working on a big paper for his human resources class. He had a big presentation last week in his epidemiology class that he was nervous about, but it went great! He was definitely happy about that since that class is extremely difficult, and I'm so proud of him! I couldn't resist sneaking downstairs for a few minutes to listen to it from outside his classroom. :) Go Eric!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment