I drove myself to work yesterday thinking the roads wouldn't be too bad by the time I got off (they originally predicted snow to start around 3), but I was wrong. It took me 3 times as long to get home, I skidded turning onto our street, and got stuck in the parking lot. Let's just say I wasn't a happy camper. :) After attempting to floor my car to overcome the slight hill in the lot and then attempting to turn right instead, it just wasn't going anywhere. I have to admit - it was my first time driving in winter weather. A kind man walked over and offered to push my car, but I was so afraid I was going to hit him by accident, so he kindly directed me while I reversed instead. {And of course, Eric got stuck in the same spot today...he just didn't listen to me ;) }
I was crossing my fingers on a snow day off from work today, and we watched the snow fall heavily last night as the school cancellations rolled in on the news. So much for me getting off though - I thought Arkansas was stingy about shutting down campus... :) All the schools around us are out today and tomorrow, but Eric got me to work this morning and probably will tomorrow. I guess that's one of the cons about growing up and entering the real world.
We haven't had the best of luck lately with technology. Eric has been building our new desktop computer, and for days it was just bad news after bad news. I've been working on polishing up my website for weeks and just wasn't having any luck with the HTML code even after corresponding multiple times with Emily's boyfriend Drew on how to do it. Then Saturday we were out around town looking for the new
Well, turns out Sam's really did have the best price after we got home and looked it up on the internet. On Sunday, we go down to Wal-Mart to get it. No luck. Then GameStop. No luck. Then Eric goes back to Sam's on Monday...I was 99% sure they'd be sold out by then. Sure enough, they were. I then find a free shipping deal and order it online. Whew, problem solved...Not.
I log on last night and the order is apparently backordered after it was listed (and still is listed) as In Stock. Needless to say, I cancelled the order and called the other GameStop and WalMart in town to see if they had it - both did.
Despite the heavy snow, slick roads, and windy conditions (Dad - don't read this next part!), we got in the car last night and drove to WalMart. All of course because I was betting on a snow day today! WM was pretty dead, but we got the game!
Now I' still need to figure out if it was really worth all that trouble... :) We did have to clear off 3" of snow on the car and ended up being soaked from the snow in the end.
And next time I need to remember that the iPhone has an app where you can scan a bar code and it'll tell you other prices around town and on the internet... LOL


At least it was fun and we got a snow brush in there, too! {I think the girl parked next to me yesterday thought I was crazy by trying to brush off snow with my gloved hands! :) Oh the joys of learning to be a Midwesterner! }
Hope you're staying warm!
1 comment:
I am jealous of the snow, but not of the cold!
Post a Comment