I don't have a whole lot of interesting things to blog about - it's been a fairly uneventful weekend of staying in town and catching up on cleaning.
Clayton came over to watch the Mizzou game with us on New Year's Eve (they lost, unfortunately), and Eric and I's evening was spent making a quick trip to Wal-Mart. It was so exciting that I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 (no joke!). Needless to say, neither one of us made it up till midnight. Friday we went to the movies and I made chicken cacciatore in the crock pot for dinner (mmmmm...!). I even tried the recipe my mom gave me for roasted broccoli. See below...
------------------------------

(it's so hot in the picture you can see the steam!)
Chicken Cacciatore
{my slightly tweaked version from the original recipe which I'll post later :) }
Ingredients:
-2 chicken breasts, thawed
-1 can Hunt's diced tomatoes
-2 cans Hunt's tomato sauce
-Dashes of pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme - I don't really measure it out, I just dash it in :)
Cut chicken into small cubes. Combine above ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over pasta.

Roasted Broccoli
Ingredients:
-Fresh broccoli
-Parmesan cheese
-Olive oil
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Break up broccoli into small clusters on a large pan and baste with olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes. Take pan out and flip broccoli. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on each piece. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
------------------------------
The rest of the weekend was just spent running errands and relaxing at home (and watching the hogs' LUCKY win). I think we're both about to freeze to death here with the below-freezing temperatures. This morning it was -3...I've never experienced so much pain from being cold in my life. My office has been heating up for 3 hours now and still isn't to 70, too. Brrrrr. Apparently my closet isn't good enough for this weather! Here's at least a pretty picture of Jesse Hall on campus in the snow... I tried to get a quick shot as we were driving to church.

And Charise, this is for you! Eric in his Christmas sweater...

Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment