Friday night Eric and I went to a get-together for the health admin students which was a nice little break from staying at home. Unfortunately though, staying out late messed up my sleep schedule and I couldn't fall asleep last night. I've decided I just need to stick to the 10:00 bedtime even on weekends now. :) I'm too old for staying out late. I got to meet some of his friends that I've heard about and it was nice being around people our own age since we don't know many here.
Saturday we took out in the pouring rain to go antique shopping. I was on a mission for a desk or small table and a large picture frame. We checked out a newer place outside of town where I found this amazing "slipper chair":
It was love at first sight (from a designer's standpoint). Only $28 but unfortunately it needs a lot of help. If only I knew how to reupholster! After looking around on Google, I'm afraid it's going to be upwards of $100 to get it professionally done. I didn't buy it {yet}, but I may just have to go back. Surely I can get some tips online to learn how to reupholster it, right?! ;) Any suggestions?! Should I get it?!
I've actually got Eric hooked on antique shopping, too. I was trying to move quickly since I was on the lookout for just large furniture items, but he was wanting to go slower to look at everything. Here are some goofy pictures from the day:
Creepy troll doll anyone?
Anna-Marie, this one is for you - fake bird and all! :)
Then we went out to Artichoke Annie's antique store which is by far one of the best I've ever been to. The place is HUGE, and there's furniture galore (my favorite thing to shop for!) Unfortunately, it can be quite pricey. Eric however did find a frame for me though (he's getting so good at picking out my style!).
I've got it repainted (here's a sneak peek), but I've still got a little more work to do. Hopefully our trip to Michael's tonight will help me finish it...
I'm in the process of rearranging our office a bit to make a little "studio" area, so that's where it's going when it's all done. More on that later this week!
In other news, my little sister Kim is going on a big college visit this week with my parents. Hopefully we'll have a final decision on where she's going by the weekend. I can't believe she's already that old!
They're going to Steubenville, Ohio (15 hours away from home (11 hours from us in Columbia), just outside of Pittsburgh!) to see the Franciscan University of Steubenville. It would be a wonderful opportunity for her if she ends up liking it. We'll see how it goes! It's between there or Arkansas and she wants to major in social work. I personally think she needs to go to Arkansas since everyone else in the family graduated from there. ;)
And, how could I forget?! I gave in this weekend (I'm probably going to regret posting this later, too)...
Of course, as soon as I got it I wasn't even cold in the apartment all weekend long! I had to settle with the pink because it was pink/blue/or red at Wal-Mart and we had already ran 5 errands on Saturday so we didn't feel like going anywhere else. Now I can handle the thermostat at 65! :)
And lastly, our "Sunday evening fun" was making homemade french bread pizzas. Nothing fancy, but they were really good...
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
-1 pack of 2 French bread loaves (we chose Sara Lee, I think)
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-1 small can pizza sauce (Ragu pizza sauce is really good!)
-1 pack of mozarella cheese
-1 pack pepperoni (or whatever toppings you choose)
Directions:
Heat oven to 350. Cut loaves in half and spread olive oil on the top (acts as a barrier so the sauce doesn't soak through the bread). Spread pizza sauce over olive oil. Add cheese and any other desired toppings (don't get the cheese too close to the edges since it will melt). Cook for 15 minutes.
Enjoy! Hope you have a good week!









No comments:
Post a Comment