Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sunday was Anna-Marie (below) and my cousin Shannon's birthday! Happy (belated) birthday you two!


All four of Eric and I's grandfathers have served in the military in some form, so happy Memorial Day as well!

(My granddad, Ronnie - Air Force)

(My Paw-paw, Bob - Navy)

And of course we can't forget Grandpa Art (Army - correct me if I'm wrong) and Grandpa Jack (Navy)- I just didn't have pictures for you two on my computer! We love you!

Our weekend was spent getting our hands dirty in gardening! I have to admit, I've never really planted anything so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out! After a trip to Lowe's, we picked up a strawberry plant, some pots, and some packs of carrots, lettuce, broccoli, and green beans. I put the 4 veggies in the 2nd container and then moved the thing and now I don't know where each of the sets of seeds are. :) Hopefully they'll sprout soon so I can put some little labels in there!



The weather was actually really nice all weekend, too. So nice that we went to the park both Saturday and Monday. I rocked 3 miles in my Reebok EasyTones yesterday (yes, I got them before I reached my 1 mile running goal ;), and am going to attempt to get back on the Couch to 5K program this week. Kalyn is completely demolishing that program! :) Maybe I can become as cool as her!

And on another note, since I forgot to blog about this, I've been sprucing up some areas in the apartment lately. Task #1 was freshen up the bedding with a spring-y comforter! Surprisingly Target had one that already matched all our other decor!

And lastly, Eric is "officially official" at the hospital. I think he's excited that people the meets with will actually know he's an employee now, not just some random guy asking for info. :)

1 comment:

Kalyn Cavalier said...

First, I LOVE THAT BEDSPREAD! We want to revamp our bedroom/get new bedroom furniture, and that is definitely the look that I want.

So adorable. I love, love, love your taste. :)

Second... I am so demolishing C25K, so I am sure you would tear it up, too!

I've been contemplating planting a few spices/veggies. Maybe I'll see how yours do this season, and then try for next season. With so much going on right now, I'm afraid I would totally kill them. lol

Love and Roses, girl.