Monday, February 15, 2010

Gotta Love it When...

...a trip home ends up costing you an arm and a leg.

The weekend was good until I got back into town yesterday. Unfortunately, I had completed the 5-hour drive and was 2 blocks from our apartment when I slid in the snow and skidded on top of a curb/median trying to turn right. Yet another reason as to why this winter needs to END! I'm so sick of it already. Thankfully, no other cars were around in that lane and there wasn't any bumper damage, but now I'm finding out I need 2 new parts and a new set of tires (at least I already knew the tires were needing to be replaced sometime soon).

So here's the new cost of a trip to Fayetteville in the winter...
Gas: $45
Meals with Friends: $25
Car/tire repair: $(WAY TOO MUCH)
___________________
= NOT COOL!

But, that's why we listen to Mr. Dave Ramsey and have an emergency fund. I'm just bummed I have to use it...goodbye what I've been saving for several months. :( It could have been so much worse though...like this:

{Massive 40-car pile-up in Kansas City yesterday, photo from the Kansas City Star - www.kansascity.com}

Can I move back to the South yet?! (At least they don't get snow quite this often - although this year is probably an exception)

I left my camera at home, so Kim's Colors Day pics will be coming tonight or tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh man, I looked at your blog and the first thing I saw was the picture, and I was worried! and then I actually read it. glad you're ok!