Eric's been slaving away with school and I'm hoping that I'm not getting sick with this sore throat I've had for 2 days. It was definitely a "blah Monday" yesterday. The weekend went by quick as usual...I got some painting done and spent several hours ripping up the last of the antique chair. No photos yet because it's still not done, but hopefully those will be up soon!
On the more personal side of things, I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and now I have an endoscopy of my upper stomach scheduled for the end of the month for the stomach pains I get about 4-5 times a month. I've always had a sensitive stomach and have been a picky eater because of it, so it probably was about time I went to see a doctor about it. If I'm ever over at your house though and don't eat all your food, don't take it personally! ;) I wasn't expecting to have to go to the lab to get my blood drawn on Friday, so it's a good thing I was able keep from passing out so I could drive home. So, needless to say, I HATE giving blood samples. If this photo from when I got blood drawn for mono last year doesn't justify that, then I don't know what does.
(If you have a weak stomach, don't look below!)
I had that monster bruise for weeks - took the nurse 3 or 4 times to get the right vein. (*chills*)
We've had some winter weather here the past few days. Of course not as much as the weathermen predicted though (they said 5 inches, we got about 1-1.5). Columbia public schools have been out since Friday at noon though...I'm so jealous. I told Eric this morning that my next career is going to be a school teacher so I can get summers and snow days off. Maybe I should look into art education... ;)
In other news, I'm so excited to be going home in a few weeks to celebrate the birthdays of these lovely ladies!!
Kim is turning 18 (I think I'm going to go cry now she's getting so old!...Didn't she just start high school 2 days ago?), and Mom's birthday is on the same day, too!
And, as if if that isn't enough, Aunt Amy is turning 90 on the same day, too! :)
We've got Aunt Carolyn coming in from California and Walt, Lorraine, and Nathaniel from Prague...I can't wait!
Wedding Wednesday coming tomorrow! {Ashley - I'm going to do that post you tagged me in tomorrow!}
P.S. - and CONGRATS to Kalyn!!!!
1 comment:
Aw thank you Caro!!!! I'll be saying a prayer for your tummy. Can't wait to see the chair once it's finished. :)
Post a Comment