Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Apartment-ness

So last night I FINALLY picked up the curtains I've been eyeing at Target for a few months now. And I say "finally" because I've been so sick of looking at ugly white vertical blinds for the past 7 months. ;) (They're still there since we don't have storage space, but at least they're hidden!) You'll have to ignore the poor iphone picture quality - my camera is currently on it's way here because I left it at home in Arkansas last weekend. I'll be sure to post better pictures soon!

I noticed the other day that I couldn't find the curtains on Target.com anymore so I rushed to the store to get the last 2 packs! Eric was patient and kind enough to hang up the rod last night, too! AND, they're thermal! So hopefully that'll keep some of the cold air OUT!

 

I'm still working on some little projects and my "wish list" of decor items to finish up the apartment. Obviously, it's been a pretty slow process. :) I've also been eyeing a rug from Target for under the coffee table (again, below is another poor quality picture) - I just noticed that's not on Target.com anymore either! Sheesh! I guess we'll be making another Target run this weekend, Eric! ;)

  


Any thoughts? (Anyone can comment below - it's open to everyone! Hint hint!) I'm not seeing anything else on Target that I really like, but I need to shop around elsewhere, too. Of course the colors are a little off above - it should match much better in person.

And last week I came across this photo on a design blog. I kid you not, I'm seriously considering doing something like this for our front door because it's not completely sealed (you can see light from outside around all the sides at night if that tells you anything) and cold air is always getting in. From what I've Googled so far, this seems like a popular trend/solution in Europe:


Would that just be too over-the-top though? :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Well, you know I like over the top, so I think the door idea is awesome!